How can we help?
Tag Solutions provide a practical and realistic approach to assisting our clients (specializing in the Central Qld Area including Bundaberg, Gladstone, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Wide Bay and all surrounding Area) to ensure they comply with their safety obligations. We are able to:
- Electrical Test and Tag – Portable appliance testing can and has saved lives. It can detect if there are any electrical faults lurking in your equipment , which may create a hazard to your staff , client and the general public . All business are require to have an electrical safety risk policy in place . Accordingly Australian Standard 3760 require that testing of portable electrical appliances and leads be conducted , these include all portable appliance…………..Who needs to have test and tag done? …….That would be all business , including volunteer/not for profit organisations. The following are just some of the businesses that require testing (but are not limited to) building sites , offices, retail outlets , kitchens,day care facilities, Dr and dentist Surgeries , hospital , fuel stations, manufacturing or workshops…… Having a Test and Tag program will allow your business to be compliant with workplace health and safety requirement , in addition they may be some benefit’s to your insurance premiums have a chat to your insurance broker …… Not all businesses doing test and tag are as up to date with legislation requirements as Tag Solutions . As we have found some of our clients have been told by other testing businesses that all equipment on site needs to be tested, in most businesses this is not the case… But only by talking to the professional here at TAG Solutions can ensure you get the right outcome ….. so please call us here at Tag Solutions to discuss your total requirements ;
- Safety switches – Safety Switches or RCD (Residual Current Device)are a very important safety feature that should be fitted to all single phase circuits in all workplaces and most homes in Queensland. For your workplace to be compliant under Queensland regulations , its a requirement that all business have safety switches fitted to all single phase outlets in the workplace ensuring all workers are protected by Residual Current Devices (RCDs). These safety switches are to be tested by qualified person on a 6 monthly basis. While businesses are mandatory to have safety switches fitted some older homes do not , but will eventually need to have them fitted please contact us and we can arrange for them to be fitted ;
- Fire Services -Fire Extinguishers and all portable fire appliances form an important part of any Fire Safety Strategy. Fire extinguishers / and other portable fire appliances (Fire Blankets , Hose Reels , signage) save lives ………. We can supply test, inspect & install all types of Fire Extinguishers, fire blankets , fire hose reels and all associated signage, this includes replacement fire extinguishers for your business we also welcome domestic enquries ……… Our prices for portable fire equipment are the most competitive in the Central Queensland area. Whether you require one extinguisher or thousands.
- Microwave Ovens – Perform microwave radiation and power output tests; To ensure your equipment is working correctly with no microwave radiation leakage which is harmful to staff or customers and correct power output. This test ensures that food is being heated and cooked to expected levels. Uncooked cold food may be harmful to the health of the consumer or may lead to customer complaints.
- Exit and Emergency Lighting – All premises with exiting fitted emergency and exit lighting require regular and ongoing inspections and maintenance to ensure that it functions correctly in case of an emergency. This includes 6 monthly inspections. Please note that in Queensland a register is to be held on site detailing all testing /inspections . Our qualified technicians will ensure your exit and emergency lighting is working in compliance with Australian/New Zealand legislative requirements. we can supply and fit at a very competitive price all your exit and emergency lighting needs ;
- ELFI – Perform Earth Fault Loop Impedance (EFLI) tests on your power points. An ELFI test ensure your earth circuit meets requirement that in the event of an incident this important safety feature performs it vital role;
- Smoke Alarms – Smoke alarms perform a very valuable task in keeping our homes a much safer place in the event of a fire. ….. For some time now smoke alarms have been fitted to all homes in Queensland . As from the 1st of January 2017 your requirements for both rental and owner occupied residences have changed…. A linked to these changes is attached at the bottom of this page…… In effect all smoke alarms in Queensland are to be Photoelectric , hard wired mains powered , interconnected and within all bedrooms….. Having said this its is still a requirement for Smoke alarms to have regular testing/inspection and battery replacement . The former requirement for rental properties is still in effect as well as the frequency of these inspections. To determine these requirements its best to see the Residential Tenancy Authority web site , a link is provided below .
- 3 Phase – Test and Inspect all types of 3 Phase equipment including safety Switches (RCD)
- Globe Replacements– Provide a programmed globe replacement regime and also including updating most existing light fixture to the most advanced LED technology ;
Workplace Health and Safety compliance solutions – Wide Bay and Central Queensland